Power Flush Glasgow
If you need a Power Flush in Glasgow or the Surrounding Area, Glasgow Plumbing Services offer a full Power Flush either on its own or as part of a package with a new Boiler Installation or with a Central Heating Installation.
When Do I Need A Power Flush
You will need a Power Flush in 2 cases.
1. The first one is that there is a build up of sludge in your heating system. Sludge is grimey substance which is formed from dirt, dust and debris which is corroded parts of metal from your heating system like radiators, pumps and valves which corrode as water flows through them casuing rust (iron oxide). Over time this build up and forms a sludge like substance which begins to clog up your heating system by getting into your boiler, heat pump and valves and reducing the efficiency of your boiler or causing cold spots on your radiators, preventing warm water to flow freely. This means that your home or business is not heating up as it should and you are also spending more in heating bills due to the reduced efficiency.
2. The second reason that you would have a Power Flush for is that you are getting a new boiler or heating system installed. You may hve sludge in your system as before and want to get this cleared out before installing your new heating systems. However, sometimes this is done as a matter of good practise so that once the new heating system is installed then it is running at maximum efficiency with the guarantee that there isn’t any sludge biold up at all. Some Boiler Manufacturer warranties insist that a Power Flush is carried out as part of the new installation and your warranty will not be valid if this was not carried out during the initial Boiler Installation.
Symptoms That I Need a Power Flush
Okay, now that we know what a Sludge Build Up is and why you need a Power Flush, what are the symptoms of a sludge build up so that you know when you need a Power Flush.
- Cold areas on radiators can be a sign of needing a Power Flush, especially if the cold areas are at the bottom or middle of the radiator.
- Increasing Fuel Bills Due to Reduced Efficiency of Boiler and Radiators with Sludge Build Up.
- A Noisy Pump or Central Heating System.
- Kettling/Banging Sounds From Boiler. The stuff of scary movies except this is real life!!! You don’t want to hear your Boiler banging. Annoying and potentially expensive to repair or replace. The Stuff of Real Horror Stories…..
- Black/Brown Sludge Coming From Radiators When Bled.
- Repeated Pump Failures. If you have had to repair or replace a boiler pump on more than one occasion, the chances are high that you need a Power Flush to get rid of the sludge in your system.
When you begin to notice any of these symptoms, it is a good idea to call in the professionals to get a Power Flush done as the longer you leave it the more damage which can be caused to your boilers and radiators causing potentially even more expensive problems to repair or replace. Also, your increasing heating bills will mean that it is costing you even more money to not get a Power Flush.
What is a Power Flush
In short, a Power Flush gives your Heating System a good clean throughout. Using a high volume, low water pressure machine and powerful chemicals to break up the sludge and force water through your system pushing all that sludge out and leaving a clean and healthy Heating System again.
What Is The Power Flush Process
- Full Heating System Is Completely Drained.
- Connect the Power Flush Machine to Heating System. (Proflush Professional Thermal power flush producing an astonishing flow rate of 150 litres per minute from a 50 Gallon water tank!!!!!).
- Central Heating System is Refilled With Fresh Water.
- Strong Chemicals Added to System Breaking Down Sludge.
- One Radiator Is Left Open While All Others Are Closed.
- Agitate Debris in Radiator with Roller and Light Knocking.
- Boiler is Started and Left Running.
- Magnetic Filter Catches and Holds Sludge as it is Iron Oxide and Therefore Sticks to Magnet.
- The Filter is Then Cleaned Out.
- Procedure is Repeated For Each Radiator In Turn.
- The Whole System Is Then Drained Again.
- Water Is Reintroduced Along With an Inhibitor To Protect Against Scale and Corrosion. (Sentinel x100)
- Whole System Tested For Correct PH levels and Normal Running Functionality.
- All Documentation Is Signed Off.
- Certificate of Work Issued to Customer. (Sometimes required for Boiler Warranty etc)
What Are The Benefits of a Power Flush
Once you get a Power Fluch done, your Heating System is free from the sludge that will block it and reduce its efficiency. This means that:-
- Your Heating Bills go down
- Your property is warmer
- You don’t have costly Boiler repairs
- You don’t have costly radiator repairs/replacement
How Long Does a Power Flush Take
A Power Flush is quite a lengthy and time consuming process. It will take several hours to flush out all the sludge in your system. This time will increase if there is more sludge to deal with or if it is a bigger system such as a big hotel or large office. For a small flat, you could allow for half a day and for an average size house, allow for 1 day in order for all the work to be carried out.
What Equipment Do We Use to Power Flush
Power Flush or Chemical Flush (Chemical Cleanse); Which is Better
How Often Should I Get a Power Flush
As mentioned already, you should ideally have a Power Flush before installing a new Heating System which clears out any sludge prior to the new system going in. However, once you have your new Heating System up and running you should continue to look after it so that you don’t get the nasty sludge building up over time and causing problems. How often you get this done depends on the size of your system, the age of your boiler and the type of heat exchanger you have in the boiler. It also depends if an inhibitor has been used in your system to prevent the scaling and corrosion within your Heating Syetem.
All that said, what does this mean to you. Well, we suggest that for optimal performance from your boiler and heating system, you should have a Power Flush or Chemical Flush (Chemical Cleanse) carried out every 5 years. If you are getting your Boiler Serviced on an annual basis then your engineer will assess your property and keep you informed about the need for a Chemical Flush (Chemical Cleanse) or a Power Flush.
What Precautions Are Taken After a Power Flush to Prevent Needing It Again
Once you have had your Power Flush, your engineer will put an Inhibitor into the Heating System to prevent scaling and corrosion of your system. This prolongs the life of your boiler and heating system and allows maximum efficiency so that your property is being heated as it should be and not having the problems associated with the build up of sludge.
As it involves gas, then it is paramount that your boiler is checked over by a Gas Safe heating engineer. In the UK, approximately one person a week dies from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon Monoxide is odourless and therefore very difficult to detect but you can easily fit a Carbon Monoxide detector in your home to alert you to this danger and it will raise an alarm in the same way that a smoke detector would. Also remember, if you do smell gas then call British Gas emergency number on 0800 111 999. Open all doors and windows and wait in a safe place away from the smell for the Emergency Gas Team to arrive.
- Boiler Repairs
- Boiler Servicing
- Boiler Replacement
- Boiler Sizing
- Boiler Maintenance Care Plan
- Power Flush
- Chemical Flush
- Flue Safety Check
- Central Heating Installation
- Radiator Repairs and Installs
- Traditional and Designer Radiators
- Immersion Heater Repairs and Installs
- Hot/Cold Water Tanks and Cylinders
- Gas Pipe Sizing
- Gas Pipe Installation
- Gas Meter Installation
- Gas Leak Repairs
- Gas Safety Certificates (Landlords and Homeowners)
- Gas Fire Installation/Removal
- Gas Oven, Hobs and Cookers
- Vented and Unvented Systems
- Commercial Kitchens
- Commercial Bathrooms
- Commercial Boilers
- Commercial Heating Systems
As an ALL TRADES Company, Glasgow Plumbing Services will provide all the tradesmen you need to get the job done. We have Plumbers, Heating Engineers, Joiners, Tilers, Plasterers, Slaterers, Brick Layers, Roofers, Electricians, Locksmiths, Architects, Interior Designers, Handymen and anybody else you need for your job. We have it covered…
24hr Plumbing Services including; Emergency Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Bathroom and Kitchen Installs, Wet Rooms and Disability Bathrooms, Leaking Taps, Appliances Fitted, Gutter Clearing, Blocked Downpipes, Pipe CCTV Recording etc.
No job is too big or small...
Our Gas Registered Heating Engineers are experienced and qualified in all aspects of heating including; Boiler Repairs, Boiler Installations, Radiator Repairs and Servicing, Power Flushing, Gas Oven and Gas Fire Installations, Landlord Gas Safety Checks etc.
No job is too big or small...
We work with businesses and commercial spaces to provide quality commercial plumbing and heating.
Whether you are an independent business looking for a quick repair or you are managing a chain or restaurants or offices looking for bathroom or kitchen installations.
We are an All Trades Company so we supply whatever tradesmen you need to get the job done. There is no need for you to Project Manage as we cover everything and do it all for you.
Just let us know what needs done and we will arrange all the tradesmen required for the job.
Why Choose Glasgow Plumbing Services..?
☑ Free No Obligation Quote
☑ No Call Out Charges
☑ Free and Impartial Advice
☑ 24hr Service, 365 Days a Year
☑ All Work 100% Guaranteed
☑ All Work Fully Insured
☑ Gas Safe Registered
☑ SNIPEF, CIPHE and WATER SAFE approved
☑ Excellent Customer Service
☑ Continued Aftercare
☑ One Stop Shop For All Trades
☑ Reputable Company
☑ All Major Credit Cards and Future Pay Accepted
☑ Fully Trained and Qualified Operatives
☑ Reliable Team of Professional and Ethical Tradesmen
☑ Affordable and Upfront Pricing
☑ Finance Options Available
☑ Care Plans Available
Get in Touch for Professional Heating Engineer
If you are looking for the Professional Heating Engineer in Glasgow, give us a call on 0141-530-1315 or email us with the Contact Form opposite.
#1 Plumbers Glasgow
#1 Emergency Plumbers Glasgow
#1 Boiler Repairs Glasgow
#1 Drain Unblocking Glasgow
#1 Bathroom and Kitchen Specialists Glasgow
#1 Central Heating Installers Glasgow